Nasty Santaa <---> Sanat Satyan <---> Tasty Ananas <--> A Nasty Satan <--> As a Nasty Ant <-> Tasty as a Nan <---> Stay as an ant <-> A Nasty Santa <--> Stays at Anna

Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Regression Model for performance ...

I now not why i am so sad
It wearies me, you say it wearies you
But how i caught it, found it or came by it,
I DONT KNOW!

- Shakespeare

The song is apt for me right now
"HAD A BAD DAY"

I think it's the presentation
Want to regress all the variables which resulted in the failed presentation
and find out
which one effected the most

Variables identified ---->

Bad slides
Mic
Style of presentation
Knowledge abt the subject
or
Facilitator's comments


I would like to run a multivariate regression model here in order to find the impact of each variable on my performance today!

Lets see the results ---->>

Definition of variables =

Y (dependant variable) = My performance
x1 = Bad Slides
x2 = Mic
x3 = Style of Presentation
x4 = Knowledge about subject
x5 = Facilitator's comment

and the equation is

Y = 0.x1 + 0.x2 + 0.x3 + 0.05.x4 + 1.x5

Analysis -

R Square = 1
p-value = 0


The interpretation is left to the reader if he has significant knowledge of statistics, esp Regression of which we all are supposedly fans!

I have done my best to make the neccessary changes in the independant variables - trying to use the method of elimination - remove the variable from next year - so no facilitator's comments from next yr (this particular facilitator)!!

My comments on the Feedback Form are reserved as they cannot be published here!!!

I know why i am so sad
I wearies me, I dont know if it wearies you
How i caught, found it or came by it
I KNOW AND I DID SOMETHING ABT IT!!!


- Nasty Santaa by Sanat Satyan

2 comments:

Buls said...

Aren't those lines from Merchant of Venice, spoken by Antonio in Act 1, scene 1???

Sanat Satyan said...

thanks lady shakespeare..will make necc changes!!

How i wish ... How i wish you were here ...


Wish you were here...

Me, Myself & ...

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India