Nasty Santaa <---> Sanat Satyan <---> Tasty Ananas <--> A Nasty Satan <--> As a Nasty Ant <-> Tasty as a Nan <---> Stay as an ant <-> A Nasty Santa <--> Stays at Anna

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I wish I could...

Dear Teacher,

As I walked down the aisle yesterday to take the award, I had no clue what I had done to deserve the same.

They call it the “Best Student Award”.

All these years, I had been thinking that you were mad at me. I remember once you dragged me down to the Principal’s Office to punish me for sketching you in class. I remember once you had made me kneel down in front of the entire class for an entire week as I had accidentally pushed a teacher while playing volleyball. I remember you had once thrown me out of the School Exhibition Team as I was unable to attend the meetings after class, due to my tuitions.

All these years, I had been thinking that you were mad at me!

I know I shouldn’t have sketched you during class. But your son told me the other day that you still treasure the sketch as one of your favorites! Yes, I pushed the teacher accidentally and she got hurt but why did she take extra classes for me in History when I couldn’t tell the difference between Jainism and Buddhism! And of course, our school won the Exhibition Contest – but you judged me into getting the Best Non-participating Entry for the contest!

I don’t understand a lot of things!

I heard there was a lot of competition for the award. Your favorite students were in the race too. I don’t think I deserved it.

What mattered to me most when you came down to me after the ceremony and said a ‘Sorry’ instead of ‘Congratulations’?! I think I was supposed to say that!

I think I always said ‘Sorry’ my way by doing well in your subjects!

Sorry Teacher for everything!

Thank you Teacher for everything!

And everything, in my case, is me!

I wish I could be your Best Student!

Yours,

Best Student


_____________________________________________________________________________


Dear Teacher,

I know you would be the last person who would want to remember me as a student in your class. After having done all the pranks that I could think of, I know you would have prayed day after day – ‘God, please make this student pass this year, so that I don’t have to suffer him again.’

Yes, I know you would have prayed that.

But I don’t understand.

Why did you tell my mother during the Parent’s Meet, that I am special? I never used to even pass in your tests! Why did you send me your lunch in the infirmary when I was not well? I ate that up in minutes! Why did you recommend me to get selected in the school basketball team, when you knew I would stop studying completely once that happens? I did do well there, didn’t I?

I don’t think I had left any stone unturned over making your life miserable in school.

But why would you always link me with the most beautiful girl in class so that I turn pink? Yes, I am married to her now! Did I say ‘Thank You’ to you?

I don’t think you ever noticed how much I hated you. You put my ‘Teacher’s Day’ card last in the pile of cards you received that day. I thought you never looked at it. You sent me for the Basketball match just before the Annual exams – to make sure I failed.

Yesterday, I got a card from you – in reply to ‘you-know-what’! I had no clue you remembered me all this while. And yes, I now play for my state in Basketball!

Sorry Teacher for everything!

Thank you Teacher for everything!

And everything, in my case, is me!

I wish I could be your Best Student!

Yours,

Best Student

3 comments:

Boogerworm said...

hi, have u written this on some teacher of urs or is it fictional?

Sanat Satyan said...

keep guessing...?!

Boogerworm said...

lol... i dont know you well enough to hazard a guess... c'mon, whats the secret?

Yesterday....

How i wish ... How i wish you were here ...


Wish you were here...

Me, Myself & ...

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India